Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Clothes:

So, my birthday is next week and I decided to gift myself something I have been needing (ok, wanting) for the last couple months. Patagonia's Nano Puff Pullover! I really have been NEEDING a replacement for my old, pilling fleece mid-layer and this seemed to be the perfect solution. My friend, Greg, swears by this piece and I think I can trust him on this one :) It is lightweight, water proof, wind proof, very compressible (stuffs into the chest pocket) and can be worn as an insulation or outer layer. My new upper body warmth plan (weather permitting) is to bring one wool or capilene base layer, the Nano and my puffy jacket. I think this should make for one toasty torso! The best part is you have two "down" pieces so when you turn your puffy jacket into a pillow (more on that later) you can still have a puffy piece on during the night if temperatures drop to the lows. This would also be a great for beach walks and day hikes or as your extra "emergency" layer. The Nano gets great reviews on Patagonia's website, calling it a "cult classic". AND it's on sale now!! Check it out...

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-womens-nano-puff-pullover?p=84025-1-760#BVRRWidgetID


1 comment:

  1. Just got back from REI! Thanks for all your helpful tips. Patagonia had some groovy stuff on sale.

    ReplyDelete