Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Howdy Friends:
Well, I never thought I would have a blog of my own but when a friend of mine asked me to put together a supply list for her first backpacking trip to Yosemite, I figured I might as well do it for other beginning, interested and enthused backpackers!
To begin, let's get some things straight. I did not grow up going on camping trips with my family. I never slept in tents aside from summer camp and I certainly never thought I would become an avid backpacker and outdoors woman! When I met my husband, he introduced me to a world that is still wild and I have been devouring it ever since. I would like to share what I have learned about spending time in the backcountry with those of you who have the interest but may be a little gun shy to get started. My goal is to give you all the tips on outdoor equipment, clothing, food and gear to make your time in the backcountry an experience that will keep you coming back. The most important thing that I have learned is you can be just as comfortable in the outdoors as you are indoors as long as you have the right stuff.

3 comments: