Monday, September 20, 2010

Clothes:

Depending on the time of year and where you are going, a simple sarong can be a wonderfully light luxury item to bring along. Last year, Tim and I were lucky enough to raft down the Colorado River of the Grand Canyon and every evening after pulling into camp I would change into mine. It felt so good to get into something loose, light and dry. Sarongs are also great in the Sierra for cover ups around the lake, as a towel to dry off, for bathing, wetting and wrapping around your neck or head to stay cool, and so much more! It's one of those multi-use items that doesn't take up a lot of space but can add that vacation vibe to a trip. We're leaving for the Southwest this week to play some shows (my husband and I are both musicians) and are hoping to get some backcountry time in as well. Think I'll throw in a sarong and hope for warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment