Friday, April 19, 2013

GEAR: Piton SKILOGIK Backcountry Skis

GEAR: Piton SKILOGIK Backcountry Skis

  While I haven't exactly been in the backcountry, I have had the opportunity to do some skiing while touring this beautiful country with my band Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers.  We skied as far east as we could get at Sugarloaf Mountain in Carrabassett Valley, Maine and as far north at the beautiful Alyeska Resort in Girdwood, Alaska.  Since we weren't able to take our own gear with us (a six piece band doesn't leave much room for ski equipment) we rented alpine gear and had a lot of fun ripping around the resorts.  It was all good and fun but made me pine for getting out into the backcountry for some much needed touring and nature.  When I got home the other day, the most beautiful skis I have ever seen were waiting for me.  SKILOGIK, handcrafted, high performance ski makers out of Colorado, sent me a pair of their Piton Backcountry Skis.  These skis are a true work of art.  The wood inlay and carbon fiber designs reminds me of Tom Killion's incredible woodcut prints I have hanging in my house.  While my dad is begging me to mount them on our cabin wall, I have plans to put some miles on these skis out in the backcountry.  I might have to wait until next season though...not sure I can risk taking them out on the tail end of California's spring season!  Stay tuned on performance and for now, check out all the amazing custom designs that SKILOGIK creates and crafts...truly INCREDIBLE!  

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY! Those inlays are siiiiiiccccck! Unreal! I'm with yer pop on this one. Those belong on a cabin wall! (But if there were to get a good season's use before hand, then welllllllll)

    BE SAFE OUT THERE NICKI! Nice work on the bloggy

    ReplyDelete